Thanksgiving 5k



So for some random urge I felt the need to run a 5k this past thanksgiving. I hadn't actually done a length to that extent since April 2009 when I did the Midnight Fun Run at the University of Florida. I signed up and on a very chilly Thursday morning I went running with about 1000 people. my hand were frozen and sweat was rolling down my face but I trudged on and completed it, even when I was ready to give up. The runners around me were the encouragement I needed. After I finished and attempted to vomit the nothingness in my stomach the endorphins kicked in. HELLOOOOOO MY NATURAL HIGH!!! This helped me to realize that there is always a reward for completing a task whether easy or hard. And with this run I decided to make my platform for the year: Running for the Cause.

Running for the Cause: In my opinion every single disease is important and everyone needs help so from now until November of next year I will be dedicating myself to running AT LEAST 1 5k a month. And because 5k can become a little boring I will be training to hopefully complete a half marathon before the state competition in July. I can't seem to find any right now but once I know it will be on the page.

Back to the race, I did pretty well in my opinion having not run in awhile. I placed 389 out of about 1000 people in my division I placed 42 for 18-29 in women. And my time was 34:19 i believe which is only slightly worse that my previous race were I finished at 33:13. So I'm excited I looking for my December race and will post pictures after the race. Here are a couple from the race, enjoy!!

<3MMCUSA2011
<3mWVUSA2012

Popular posts from this blog

How to Date a Pageant Girl

Miss St. Petersburg USA

Miss Daytona Beach May 1, 2011