Crowning






February 19, 2011 was my last day as your reigning Miss Marion County and what a fun experience it was. I've included my farewell speech in this post as a great reminder of what an amazing opportunity this year as been for me.

Wow…What can I say; this year has been a journey!
This journey for me started in November of 2009 when I finally decided to get serious about experiencing the opportunity of being your next Miss Florida USA and the dream officially started right here on this stage when I was crowned Miss Marion County USA one year ago. I still remember the shock of actually winning; it is still considered one of the brightest spots of my reigning year. I’ve held my crown tightly for a year and honestly, I’m very reluctant to let it go. This was my first chance to after my dream and no one forgets their first. I’m so thankful for the opportunity I was given, and the people I’m met and become friends with along the way.
Kim, I want to personally thank you for helping me to become the woman I am today. I may have started this process thinking I already knew everything but you really put my life into perspective and helped me grow over the year. I’m so thankful you and I are continuing on with this experience, I can now say I’m officially my own woman. Arnold..Arnold..Arnold, who else do I know that would literally try their best and succeed at kicking my butt twice a week and then put me on probation if I didn’t abide by their rules. These past two years have been crazy and I have a feeling there are only going to get worse LOL!!!
To my stubborn, blunt, no holds barred sister queen Nicole. I could not have asked for a better person to have been crowned with and go through this process as well. I loved that you didn’t hold back I don’t think I would have been able to respect you if you did. I’m excited for the next couple of months and I know you’ll be successful. To my parents, from my mom being the wardrobe mistress in my pageant world and to my dad being my toughest critic. I’m really glad we got to go through this process. And finally to Chelsee, thank you for offering me the chance to proceed with my dream.
This past year, I wouldn’t change it for the world. I’m so excited for the new titleholder; hold you title with pride, make your own personal mark and leave your spot as Miss Marion County USA 2012.
Forever Yours,
Amina Lowery
Miss Marion County USA 2011

Popular posts from this blog

How to Date a Pageant Girl

Miss St. Petersburg USA

Miss Daytona Beach May 1, 2011