Turtle Day April 30, 2011



Today I volunteered at the 9th Annual Turtle Day program in Ponce Inlet at the Marine Science Center. I was a greeter for the event which was free to the public. Today the center was letting two sea turtles back into the wild, one had been with them for over three years. The program had about 600 hundred people show up during the time I was there, I became very practiced at putting wristbands on visitors. When I took a break from greeting I walked around the center and spent time at the touch tank, they had sting rays in the tank that we could touch. I was able to touch a couple of them and they felt like silky leather it was rather strange. There was one sting ray that liked to splash water in the visitors face which was pretty funny. It was a great experience and I hope to help out next year at the 10th annual one.

<3 Miss West Volusia

Popular posts from this blog

How to Date a Pageant Girl

Miss St. Petersburg USA

Miss Daytona Beach May 1, 2011