The Big Move

So I'm behind with my blog so this will be 1 of 2 that I try to finish within the next couple of days. So in August I made one of the biggest decisions of my life so far and that was to move. Where did I move exactly...Texas..Now I know what some of you are thinking, "um this is a red state why would you go there?" Well for me it was simply leaving the state for a little bit. When someone starts to feel complacent there is only so much more that they can take. I told my parents, set a date (setting a date makes it real), and started the monumental process of getting my stuff together. Fast forwarded to the trip. It took two days total to drive and luckily I was not by myself; one of my good friends made the trip with me to A) keep me company and B) she had never been to Texas and wanted to come. It for sure brought us closer together and yet you could see our personalities clash as well. We made our pit stop in Gulf Port, MS and had dinner at a place called Salute. Funny part was Mississippi is know for seafood and yet both of us had chicken. Day two was finishing the drive from Mississippi to Texas which took us through one of the bigger cities in Louisiana. I definitively got to see more of the country on my two day trip than I did driving to North Carolina. Over the course of two days we went into a tunnel in Alabama and over massive bridges in Louisiana. When we finally got to Texas, they had in my friends opinion the best welcome center of them all. But to be far we got to Alabama's after they closed as well as Mississippi. We did make a point to stop at all of the welcome centers for they always have the best bathrooms, Louisiana had free coffee as well. Here are some photos from the drive. Enjoy xoxo Amina
It only took an hour to get through Alabama.
Only in Mississippi do they have a Pringles vending machine at the welcome center.
I thought this was the cutest idea for the state welcome sign!
Had the coffee wasn't the biggest fan, but I prefer Splenda not Sweet-n-Low. Also the staff was very friendly. They had Red Bull vending Machines.
Loved the sign, but the best one was this one below.
Everything is Bigger in Texas and faster, speed limit on the highway was 75 mph.
First meal in Texas and I had to get as I like to say 'Texican-Mexican'

Popular posts from this blog

How to Date a Pageant Girl

Miss St. Petersburg USA

Miss Daytona Beach May 1, 2011